There are multiple components of a stepped demand generation process that vary based on the size and complexity of a sale. These components include, among other things: building awareness, positioning relevance, supporting validation and mitigating customer evaluation.
Demand Generation is the focus of targeted marketing programs to drive awareness and interest in a company’s products and/or services. Commonly used in business-to-business, business-to-government, or longer business-to-consumer sales cycles, demand generation involves multiple areas of marketing and is really the marriage of marketing programs coupled with a structured sales process.
OnTarget Partners specializes in demand generation AND “discovery” and provides expertise in this specific function for many businesses. By “discovery” we mean that our prospecting approach includes a probing line of questioning when engaging with a potential prospect with the goal to not only qualify a prospect for the product or service our clients want to sell, but ALSO to uncover other “unmet” needs that can often result in a significantly larger sales opportunity than expected along with a solution that over delivers on expectations. We become a virtual part of your marketing and sales organizations. What we offer is a holistic approach to augment your marketing and sales teams. Building awareness is a vital component for any successful demand generation process.
In addition, our advanced demand generation approach covers the spectrum with respect to utilizing every angle possible to get your message out and drive new and qualified leads. Our services combine cooperative partnerships with industry leaders to leverage all aspects of the Internet; ranging from packaged services to not only augment our core efforts, but also to enhance our clients’ total market footprint; ranging from website enhancements, search engine optimization, digital marketing and email campaigns, all the way to fully integrated social marketing campaigns and management. This holistic approach provides the broadest and most effective means to attract, entice, and close new business, otherwise not attainable.
Integrated Marketing and Sales Campaigns:
- Website enhancements
- Search engine optimization
- Viral marketing campaigns
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Pay per click marketing
- Inside sales/telemarketing
- Outsourced lead generation
- Outsourced appointment setting
We also specialize in Facilitating Discovery:
Another area of focus for a marketer focused on demand generation is ensuring Webinars, online web based seminars, or in person seminars allow prospective buyers to discover and understand your solutions and how they might benefit with greater detail upfront through a sales/educational process. When a prospect is ready to seek a solution in a given category, we present our clients in the best light possible. This can be accomplished in a variety of ways thereby creating awareness around our clients’ capabilities:
Demonstrations and free trials – easily accessed, especially if managed online, allow the demonstration of a solution or ability to access, on a time-limited or feature-constrained trial basis to further assist prospective buyers to vet a solution and for our clients to showcase actual capabilities.
Sales involvement by our clients is also a key focus to drive the best results:
The involvement of your sales professionals in the selling and/or the qualification process can be very beneficial and handled several ways:
- Lead scoring – understanding which prospective buyers warrant being contacted by a sales professional. Lead scoring involves scoring two distinct aspects of the prospect; whether he or she is qualified to be a buyer, and whether he or she is interested in being a buyer. The former looks at explicit information such as title, industry, and revenues to understand whether that individual is able to make a buying decision, while the latter examines implicit information such as recent online activity and marketing response in order to determine whether the individual is currently interested in making a buying decision.
- Lead ranking – based on the scoring of leads, leads can be assigned ranks based on the business process sales should follow in interacting with the leads. For example, if explicit scoring leads to a 1, 2, or 3 ranking on how qualified the lead is, while implicit scoring leads to an A, B, or C ranking on how interested the lead is, a follow-up process may have 1A leads contacted within 24hrs, 1B leads contacted by a field sales professional within 72hrs, while 1C, 2A, and 2B leads are contacted by an inside sales professional and 2C and all leads ranked as a 3 are not contacted.
- Lead routing – once a business process is determined, a lead routing process determines which lead should be connected with which salesperson, based on geographic territory, industry, company size, or any other factor. Often this involves management of the notification of the salesperson and monitoring of the time taken to follow up.