5 Takeaways from HubSpot’s 5 Steps for Awesome Social Media Lead Generation: #SMLeads
I was fortunate to have the opportunity to recently attend a fabulous webinar that was hosted by HubSpot. The speaker was Kipp Bodnar, an Inbound Marketing Manager for HubSpot and someone who is very knowledgeable and passionate about this subject. The webinar flew by and I was intrigued by the information I gathered.
I wanted to pass along a few key points that I picked up from Kipp in regards to creating awesome social media lead generation. These are 5 takeaways that I especially liked:
1) One of the most important – and basic – steps is to increase your company’s reach. You can have the best content ever, but what good is it if there is no one to see it? Follow. Friend/Like. Connect.
2) The average “shelf life” of a social media link is 3 hours. It is important to share content frequently in order for your company to be a presence in the social media world.
3) Email marketing can help in building your company’s social media reach. Your company probably already has a core group of vendors and clients. Who better to start with to request their support? It creates a simple, efficient way to get your presence out there.
4) Calls to Action (CTAs) on your website are extremely important. They are the key foundation of social media success. The more ubiquitous and well-placed the CTAs, the higher the chances are of converting your website visitors into viable leads.
5) “Failing” is always a terrible thing in social media. It is important to test various methodologies and strategies to really determine which social media works best for your company in creating lead generation. Testing and failing allows you to know what you can stop doing – this allows for more time and energy to do what is working.
Kipp brought up an interesting statistic that 73% of CEO’s still don’t believe that marketers drive revenue. That is incredibly hard to believe. With social media having a high visitor to lead conversion rate wouldn’t you agree that social media lead generation can be a catalyst for growth for within your company?
Has your company been using social media? I would enjoy hearing your success stories.
Jennifer Hanford is Social Media Director for OnTarget Partners. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.